2015 Annual Juried High School Exhibition
In this fourth annual county-wide competition, The Museums of Los Gatos asks Santa Clara County students to visually communicate their ideas and thoughts about this year’s theme, Bridges: Facing Challenges.
This Year’s Theme: Bridges
Facing challenges is a part of life. Challenges may be physical, emotional, cultural, personal, institutional, or in the area of communications. How do you see these challenges in your everyday life, or in the world around you? Where are the barriers? What might be the bridges? The possibilities are limitless. Here are a few prompts that might be helpful to consider:
- What may be a barrier that prevents movement, understanding, or connection?
- What means, connections, or structures can bridge obstacles or create new pathways?
- Where can bridges be found? When can bridges find you?
Student artists will gain real-world experience presenting their work in a competitive environment and exhibiting in a museum setting. A jury of three university-level artist-educators will select works to be included in the exhibition.
The competition is open to public, home-schooled, private, and charter high school students, grades 9-12, in Santa Clara County.
Works will be accepted in 3 categories: 2D: Paintings, drawings, prints, works on paper, canvas, wood, cardboard, mixed media, film/analogue photography. Anything on a flat surface.
3D: Sculpture, installation, glass, metal, ceramics, mixed media with materials coming off the paper, etc. Anything three dimensional.
4D: New media, video, digital photography, illustration, graphic design, photo-shopped images. Anything created on a computer, digital camera, or screen.
High School Submission Image Requirements
Find out more about how to photograph and format your artwork for our exhibition here.
Friday, February 13th, 2015, midnight
Exhibition Participants are announced online
Friday, February 27th, 2015
Friday, March 27th to Sunday, March 29th, 2015
Opening Reception and Awards
Thursday, April 16th, 2015, 6:00pm - 8:00pm
Sunday, May 10th, 2015
The Santa Clara County-Wide High School Juried Art Exhibition supports students’ critical development in the arts. Be a part of this vital support for the youth in our community by becoming a sponsor today. Commitment to art, history and education in all its forms is a central priority at The Museums of Los Gatos. Your exhibition sponsorship holds clear marketing, community involvement and philanthropic opportunities.
Benefits at various levels of sponsorship can include:
- Logo credit in all exhibition and program materials: invitations, exhibition catalogue, signage, press releases, website and member mailing/newsletter
- Opportunity to create advertising and promotional material in consultation with the Museum
- Opportunity to create a link between your website and the Museum website
- Sponsor presence at press previews with the option to include a statement the in press kits, and possible speaking role.