Do you love art and history? Interested in gaining experience in an art or history museum? Looking for a fun volunteer activity on the weekends?
Volunteer for us!
Volunteers at the Museums of Los Gatos serve in several capacities. Our volunteers help with special projects such as installing/de-installing exhibits, providing assistance with events, and most importantly, acting as museum docents by greeting and hosting our museum guests.
Ages 18 and up welcome. Previous art or history experience is not necessary, but always appreciated. Ongoing training is provided. Weekday, weekend and evening shifts are available on an as needed basis.
The Art Museum needs volunteers Saturday-Sunday
The available shifts are:
noon – 4:00 pm on Sat & Sun
The History Museum needs volunteers Thursday-Sunday
The available shifts are:
Other opportunities for special events are on an “as needed” basis.
For more information, or to set up an interview, contact Dawn, Volunteer Coordinator, at:
The Museums of Los Gatos is looking for current college/university students to take part in an Art or History Museum Internship. The Museums of Los Gatos internship offers the opportunity for interns to play an active role while learning the many elements that must come together to create an exhibition.
Interns are expected to commit 8 – 10 hours per week, usually during administrative hours between 9 am – 5 pm but may be needed on evening or weekend events. Internships last 3 months.
Intern responsibilities can vary but generally include:
- Program support: Support preparation for Museum programs and events as well as assist staff and observe the program.
- Administrative support: Assist with additional administrative responsibilities including the organization of Museum documents and research for exhibitions.
- Graphic support: Design posters, flyers, banners, and other graphics as needed for Museum special events.
- Curatorial support: Aid the Museum in its preparation for the installation / de-installation of exhibitions.
- PR / marketing support: Strengthen our media outreach with social and printed media.
- Collections support: Assist with inventory, maintenance, and storage.
Interns will have the opportunity to gain experience and skills in curatorial, administrative, design, marketing, event planning, and educational programming. They will generally report to the curatorial staff.
The Museums of Los Gatos is seeking candidates at the junior, senior, or graduate level who are studying Art / History / Art History / Marketing / Advertising / Fundraising / Communications / Graphic Design / Education / Event Planning / Museum Studies. Any experience in art or history in school, volunteer work, or paid work is a plus.