SHARE YOUR STORY
Los Gatos StoryShare
Los Gatos History Built by the Community
The Los Gatos StoryShare project is a community storytelling program created to collect, preserve, and share the personal stories of our community. The project is intended to be permanent and ongoing so that individuals can contribute stories now and into the future. The project will help the History Museum to develop and maintain an enhanced historical narrative of the community and its residents. The stories will be integrated into our permanent and rotating exhibits.
The concept offers a variety of paths for the community to share their stories and memories with the museum. Visitors can share their stories via email, mail, or in our Museums during special StoryShare events. Please check our website for upcoming StoryShare events and themes!
This month’s question
- Click the add button on the map to add your story.
- If you can’t choose just one place related to your story use the Art Museum address (4 Tait Ave) when prompted to add a location.
- You will have the opportunity to share your story on our Facebook page. We welcome folks to send in their love stories after our event. See below for instructions.
In the coming year a physical community story map will be installed at the History Museum. Visitors will have the opportunity to submit written stories into the three-dimensional map and read other people’s stories that have already been contributed to the map. These particular shared stories and memories would be associated with specific locations in Los Gatos
How else can I share my story?
Write down or record your story and submit it to the museum.
Here are some tips for submitting your story
- Try to keep your submission to less than 400 words or your recording to less than three minutes.
- Be sure to include a date or general time-period, location and as many details as you can remember.
- Each submission should be related to one specific event, subject, place or object but you are more than welcome to submit more than one story.
Submitted stories become the property of the Museums of Los Gatos; MLG reserves the right to use the stories in exhibitions and publications; stories will be credited to the submitter(s).